A large full service commercial print company is looking for experienced Cutter Operators!
Set up, operate and maintain a Polar 115 or 137 cutters to cut paper and custom manufactured print for high-end clients.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Review job ticket specifications to determine exact needs for the job at hand and next operation in the production sequence.
· Measure precisely to determine incremental cutting positions from gripper and guide.
· Program cutting positions in proper order into computer memory.
· Examine / quality control inspect cut material for any imperfections and adjust computer program and clamp pressures as needed.
· Off-load / Stack finished or pre-finished material from the cutter bed and stack on pallets for shipment to the customer or next operation; following specific job ticket instructions.
· Record job information on load tags and time sheets; enter data collection as needed.
· Change knives and lubricate machine as needed as recommended by manufacturers specifications.
· Maintain the display and support of high standards in productivity and quality of work.
· All other duties as so assigned.
SKILLS, ABILITIES, WORKING CONDITIONS
· High school graduate or equivalent.
· Perform basic mathematical calculations.
· Ability to read and understand written and verbal instructions (English), Job Jackets, press imposition and ruled-up sheets.
· Must be mechanically inclined.
· Must have basic electronic and computer keyboard knowledge.
· Stand and walk 95% of the time. (Safety shoes required. Company participates in cost).
· Extensive lifting of 40” press sheets and bending actions.
· Physically capable of lifting up to 50lbs (Back braces provided upon request).
· Manufacturing environment with noise exposure to varying levels (Hearing protection provided).
· Ability to direct fellow crew members and QC helper in the overall operation involved in the job.
· Continually seek ways to improve workflow and personal skill sets.
· Display and maintain a professional, positive and respectful attitude to all associates at all times.
· Bi-Lingual is a plus.